Additional Announcement: Korean Studies Grant 2020
The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is pleased to announce the application guidelines for 2020 Korean Studies Grant Program. This program provides variety of funding opportunities for researchers affiliated with educational or research institutions outside of Korea, to enhance the quality of Korean studies and globalize Korean studies. Anyone who are interested in this program and meets the eligibility is welcome.
1. Support Program: Development of Educational Videos for Korean Studies
◦ Applicants can choose a theme for contents considering the target audience. For example, you can create academic contents for bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree students majoring in Korean studies or educational contents on Korea for the public in local community who are interested in Korea.
◦ Applicants can use their native language such as English, French, Chinese, Spanish, German, etc. creating contents.
◦ Applicants are required to include a variety of multiple contents (e.g. Korean literature, history, philosophy, popular culture, etc.) to introduce various aspects of Korea.
◦ Results should be provided using a shared platform.
※ Only the contents for academic and educational purposes are supported.
※ This program is temporarily supported due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
2. Support Budget: Up to USD 41,000 per project
※ Around five projects are going to be selected.
3. Project Period: December 21, 2020 – December 20, 2021 (1 year)
◦ Project Director: Researchers affiliated with educational or research institutions outside of Korea
※ Preference to Chair of Korean studies Department (Program) or the Director of Korean Studies Research Center
5. Required Documents
◦ Application Form (see attached the form)
◦ Project Director’s CV (free format)
6. Submission Deadline: November 19, 2020
◦ Applications must be submitted before 23:59 (Korea Standard Time) on November 19, 2020.
※ Please submit applications by e-mail only. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
※ Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
7. Result Notification: The result of your application will be notified on our website and also by email in December, 2020.
8. Submission and Contact Information
- E-mail: email@example.com
※ Please refer to application guidelines of Korean Studies Grant 2020 and the attached files for details.
We cordially ask you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.