We are pleased to announce the Call for Essays of the Understanding Korea Contest 2021. Please note the following guidelines. The Center for International Affair at AKS is the home of the Understanding Korea Project, which seeks to correct inaccurate information on and improve contents about Korea in International textbooks.
1. Essay Themes
|International Images of Korea
- Images of Korea in international instruction materials
(International textbooks, Internet sites, etc.)
- Proposals on how to improve the image of Korea
Understanding Korea Materials
- Improvements using Understanding Korea materials and
suggestions for developing new materials
※ Understanding Korea materials published by AKS can be requested for the purpose of this contest.
Available at the site below.
(https://www.aks.ac.kr/ikorea/english/ → Understanding Korea materials)
2. Eligibility : Foreigners, Koreans living abroad
3. Submission : Through the official website of the Academy of Korean Studies
- Language: Korean or English
- Essay Length: About 3 pages in A4 format
※ Download the application form from information bulletins on the Center's website and submit.
(Only the official form will be accepted.)
※ Applications can be submitted using either Theme 1, Theme 2, or both.
||Number of winners
||Awarded by the Ministers (MOFA & MOE) Prize worth 1,000,000 won
||Awarded by AKS President Prize worth 400,000 won
||Awarded by the Center Director Prize worth 200,000 won
※ Taxes related to the acceptance of and use of the prize are the winners’ responsibility.
5. Application Period : June 1 - July 31, 2021, 18:00
※ Applications arrived after the deadline (Korea Standard Time) will not be received.
6. Announcement of winners : September 15, 2021
※ The result of the contest will be posted on the Center's website and all winners will be notified individually.
7. Contact : The Center for International Affairs of the Academy of Korean Studies
- Email: email@example.com
※ All inquiries about the contest must be made by email.